Thursday 17 April 2014

What a Day

Hey guys, so as you know, I'm a sports writer and have plans to one day rival the likes of Sky Sports, BBC Sport, ITV Sport and BT Sport.

Yesterday, i had the chance of attending a conference, at the home of English Football - Wembley Stadium;  which was organized by Kick It Out and the theme for the conference was Raise Your Game #RYG

I didn't know what to expect at first but i was impressed at what i experience. Clarke Carlisle opened the show who was then followed by Caroline Barker. We were then treated to a poem by Musa Okwonga which entitled - This Is Football. It took me back to my first experience of Stewarding, my very first shift and not knowing what to expect.

We were then split up and i attended a media workshop presented by Clive Tyldseley. Just to be in the same room as Clive was mind blowing, learnt a lot from what he had to say. One of the things i learnt was - Know Your Audience, Communication is Key and Your Choice of Words is very important.

I then attended a Coaching Workshop with Tony Taylor, who coaches at Burton Albion.I picked up some valuable information which will no doubt help me with my career

After Lunch i then had a few one to one sessions with Caroline Barker, Jess Creighton, Samantha Johnson, Musa Okwonga and also had a brief chat with Leon Mann. They were all welcoming and gave me some precious and invaluable advice. They all gave me their contact details, i was amazed. Just to Spend time with them was awesome

After the day was over, i then had a chance to talk with Dharmesh Sheth, the Sky Sports News Presenter. I asked him about Transfer Deadline Day, how much work went into it and whether all what we see is true.
We then had a chat about that famous 'Odemwingie' situation.

I also met the guys behind Football Manager which was quite pleasing. I was also offered the opportunity to do some work with them during the summer.

As i was going home, one thing which kept on replaying back to me was this - 'Don't Wait for An Opportunity, Go and Seek It'
It won't come to you, you have to go and seek it
Another piece of advice which was given to me was - "Do Something, no matter how big or small it is, Start Somewhere"

That gave me so much joy and reassurance.

At the end of it all, i reflected and thought to myself 'What A Day'











No comments:

Post a Comment