Monday 7 October 2013

Unknown to Known

Ever get that feeling when you start a business, there will be no one to help you or they wont be able to see your vision.
I once knew this guy, he was well educated but he didn't go to university. When I first met him, it was outside my school at the time. Whether we were meant to cross paths or not, I don't know but what I do know is that he helped me to start my path to my chosen career.

When I left school, I didn't know if I would see this guy again but a few weeks later when I started 6th form, he was there chilling in my careers office. I was rather shocked but hey, im not complaining

The Summer of 2004 was a very interesting one, in that year my brand - Care Of Yoo was born. we designed t-shirt, bags, CD's, we even recorded a song together with another mate of mine. It was rather surreal and 12 months later, I was performing at my first ever headline showcase. It was a very pleasing moment for me and my family

Years went by, I met a lot of new people, networked with a load of people. One of my highlights was meeting Brian Hardgroove from Public Enemy. Before i met the guy, i was unknown but now i am very much known.

i guess what im trying to say is don't push everyone on the sideline, there will be one person who will elevate you and push you forward

No comments:

Post a Comment