Monday 10 November 2014

#RyanTalks - Your Legacy

Early this morning, I learnt about the passing of Dr Myles Munroe. It was quite a shock to my system, I struggled to find the words to sum up about how I felt. Instead of mourning, I decided to thank God for his life. Thank God for the impact that he had on many generations, old and new. I pray that his legacy lives on for years to come.

I may not have met him or spoke with him but some of his teachings and books have inspired me and many generations and I believe it will do so for many more generations to come. 

So, as I was pondering on his life, the Father dropped something into my heart and this is what he wants to share - What will be your Legacy and how do you want people to remember you by? What impact will you have on your generation. 
Books, Songs, Ministry, Businesses etc. What will you leave behind that people will be able to identify with.

I always like to refer back to God's word when writing about certain topics but this time, I won't. I really want us to think about our legacy, what will the future generations be able to say about you? What I will say, is remember Jesus and Legacy, let that give you a starting point.

If you've been dreaming about writing a book, writing a song, starting a ministry or even starting a business, what do you have to lose. You really can't take it to the grave. What can you do with it if you are not around to anchor it? You have to leave it behind so that the people you leave behind can take on the vision and run with it?

I saw a quote once which said - “The Graveyard is a rich place, it's where people take their dreams and visions”
There's a book, a song, a ministry, a business, a new invention waiting to be created and released. That time is now. The World is waiting for the next long-lasting legacy, it is waiting for next multi-million idea which will change the hearts of men, it is waiting for a book to change the course of time.

When I think of Legacy, I think of World Dynasty. Something that people will never be able to forget. Think of Hillsborough, it created a long-lasting legacy for all the wrong reasons but the fact is, people are still able to identify it. People may want to forget what happened but the event was so tragic, up to this day people will still remember it.
Just Remember, Jesus created a legacy which is remembered by so many people today, their lives are based around this, sermons are preached, books are written, songs created, ministries birthed.

I truly believe that we will all return to meet out creator once our work on earth is finished. I truly believe that when we depart, our legacy and our dynasty's will live on for years to come. So, as you read this, I want you to think about you, your life and the legacy you want to leave behind.

I could have made it sound nice, pretty but this is the plain truth -  I really believe that there is a legacy in all of us. There is something that we can create, there is something that the world is waiting for and we are the ones to create it.

I've been thinking about my legacy, what could I leave behind. I have a brand, a song, a book, in fact so many things to release which will form part of my legacy. This brand is called Care Of Yoo. By God's Grace, I know that it will be known worldwide.

So, what about you?
What will be your Legacy and how do you want people to remember you by? What impact will you have on your generation. 

Your Time
Your Season
Your Future
Your Dream
Your Vision
Your Legacy



Start Now, Leave a Legacy

No comments:

Post a Comment