Friday 8 August 2014

#RyanSays - The Importance of Rest

Have you ever had those days where you feel so tired but mentally you just get on with life because its the right thing to do? Ever considered that you need to take a rest, give your body a well earned rest, revitalize yourself

You might be thinking to yourself, 'I've got so much to do today, no time to stop' or 'If I don't show up to the event / party, what will they think of me?. REST, I've never heard of that before. I have no time to rest.
Have you ever tried telling your friends that it's not possible and you want to rest. I don't mean sleep, but do something that involves spending time with you. It could be a walk in the park, a spa break or even a picnic.

Here is my synonym for REST
R - Revitalize
E - Energy
S - Soothing
T - Time

Revitalize, Energy, Soothing, Time. They all work together. Take time out to Soothe, Energize and Revitalize yourself.
A while back, I worked at Wimbledon for the Championships. 12 days of work, no rest in between. It was a great experience, I loved it and I would love to work there again. The next day, I was supposed to be working on the Tour De France route. I was actually so tired, I didn't go, I stayed at home and had a rest. I have to say, it was the best thing all round because the next day I was very much revitalized and was able to perform at the highest level.

You will get those times where you are summoned to work, or you don't always have the time to rest but sometimes you need to find that balance. Decide what's important and what isn't important, Give yourself a rest now and again because nobody would want you working below par. Not getting enough rest can seriously do some damage to your Physical and Mental Health.

Picture this - A Man, carrying his bags looking for a place to stay, nowhere to go, all he wants to do is rest and sleep until the next day. He finds a place, conditions aren't top class but important thing is - He gets his rest, has a nice sleep and is able to finish his journey.

In life, a journey will be long and tiring. Don't feel like you have to drag yourself along. Stop, Have a Rest and then carry on. You will feel much better in the long run.

Stop doing what you don't want to do and what isn't necessary. Start Looking after yourself. Have a Rest. Revitalize and Energise yourself

Be Blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment