Friday 31 October 2014

#RyanTalks - Where Are You

"Where are You" 
This Question at one stage used to get me quite bothered with people. In fact, I know most of us all had this problem. Someone asked where you are and you might say something like "What's it got to do with you" or "Don't worry where I am, you will see me when you see me" 

When someone asks you where you are there's usually a few reasons behind it
1. They Miss you
2. They miss your presence
3. They need you for something
4. They want to spend time with you
5. They care about you

So, instantly we can see there's always a reason why they will ask where you are. Back then, I honestly thought they wanted to control my life. I know that you feel me on this one, because we were all young once.

Recently, a relative asked where I am but before I could respond, I thought that because I wasn't in their presence they wanted to know where I am so they can have peace and also they miss my presence. This made me look at myself in a different light. They actually miss me, my presence is actually felt. If they didn't ask where I was, it would be like I had no impact.
I actually never used to tell people where I went before this but from them on, I get in the habit of telling people where I am.

In Genesis 2, we see that God created Eden, which was his dwelling place and he planted Adam there to rule over it. The Garden of Eden means 'The Dwelling Place, God's Secret Place'. So instantly we see that God desired to have a close relationship so he designed a place where Adam and him could build their relationship. We then see that Adam ate from the tree of evil which was forbidden so In doing that, Adam hid, he fell away from God's Presence. So, now, In Genesis 3, we can see that God said “Adam, where art thou”. It wasn't because he wanted to control Adam, Adam had a free reign over Eden. God asking where Adam was is because God didn't feel Adam's presence and he wanted to know why. So when God asks a question, we shouldn't now ask him why, it's for us to find out what he didn't already know.
This indicates to me that God missed the relationship he had with Adam, which is why he gave us his only begotten son, Jesus, who is the 2nd Adam or the Last Adam so we can see firsthand the relationship we can have if we stay in the Father's Presence.

So, in essence that whenever we leave God's presence, he will always come looking for us. He will ask us where we are, he longs to have a relationship with us, he wants that daily communication with us. When we don't talk to him or share with him what's happened, it's almost like he feels left out. But he will wait until you answer, he isn't going to leave us, he will wait for us to return.

When we now start to build a relationship with God, it gets easier, we can now start sharing our deepest fears with him and he can now comfort us.

So, whenever, you are asked “Where are You”, it's not a bad thing, you are generally missed. But what you need to watch out is when people don't ask for you, it means you're presence is not instantly felt. You haven't made an instant impact, you will make one but it will take time. A relationship needs to be built for that to happen.

Build a relationship with God because he is waiting for you. He is asking “Where Are You” so you also can have a relationship with him. He wants you to be in his presence and he wants to be in your presence. So, Stop Hiding and Present Yourself. Start building that relationship with God today.

Where Are You”


No comments:

Post a Comment